There is one group that is helping make that possible for many older adults. Sutter Senior Care PACE, is an all-inclusive care for the elderly. This program is designed to provide quality health care management and support services that enable the frail elderly to remain in their homes. There are two locations in Sacramento.
Most of their care is provided in their adult day care health centers, primary care clinics and the participant's home.
Craft 4 Change visited one of the locations to see how we might make things a little easier for these seniors. We discovered that there is something that we can do to help! We can make walker bags for the participants to be able to carry their things in. Project 8 is titled: "A Little Help". Because, sometimes that is all one needs, just a little help with carrying things.
So, get out those sewing machines once again! There are several patterns and tutorials online to choose from. HERE are a few. Also, HERE is another style. Simplicity has a great pattern, #2822 that we will be using for our bags.
You say that you don't sew? There are a few ways you can still help:
- Donate fabric/materials to Craft 4 Change and we will make the bag for you.
- Find a "sewing" friend and work as a team!
- Purchase a pre-made bag and embellish it with things like: iron on's, appliques, trim, etc.
- There are a few patterns HERE to crochet a bag.
- Spread the news to your sewing friends...ask them to get involved.
- LIKE US on Facebook. Help spread the word about Craft 4 Change
When you are finished with your bags or want to donate materials, contact us at Craft4Change@hotmail.com and we make arrangements to collect them.